top of page

Carbon Monoxide Victims

In the news:


Victim Counter: 267

5/28 - Muncie, IN - Father, two children found dead in Muncie home from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

5/25 - Porter County, IN - Woman saved by calling 911 early in Porter County

5/9 - Apopka, FL - Family of 5 hospitalized due to carbon monoxide poisoning at home near Apopka

4/30 - Lebanon, PA - Leroy and Betty S. Felty Obituary

4/27 - Burrell Township, PA - Two Taken to Hospital for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

4/26 - Columbus, OH - Five hospitalized after carbon monoxide poisoning in southeast Columbus apartment

4/18 - New London, CT - Worker Hospitalized After Losing Consciousness on Fishing Boat in New London

4/18 - Brooklyn, NY - Cobble Hill tenants say calls about high carbon monoxide levels have gone unanswered

4/16 - Kaysville, UT - Carbon monoxide deaths are climbing, putting families in peril: ‘My son is lucky to be alive’

4/11 - Kansas City, KS - OSHA investigates Kansas City, Kansas, plant after workers became sick

4/9 - Huntertown, IN - Huntertown family survives carbon monoxide poisoning

4/3 - Lakeland, MN - MN Couple Suffer Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Power Outage

3/30 - Chicago, IL - High carbon monoxide sends Fire Department to Ruiz Elementary School

3/30 - Bucyrus, OH - Bucyrus Fire Department responds to multiple calls in three-day span

3/29 - Placer County, CA - Placer County family mourning father who died of carbon monoxide poisoning

3/27 - Armenia, WI - Sheriff: Juneau County cabin death likely caused by carbon monoxide

3/27 - Lockport, IL - Carbon Monoxide Suspected In Deaths Of Man, Woman In Lockport

3/27 - Rowan County, NC - Officials puzzled over high carbon monoxide levels among Rowan Co. students

3/27 - Fort Worth, TX - ‘I'm Very Proud of Her': Family Applauds Girl's Quick Thinking During CO Scare

3/24 - Rowan County, NC - 7 students treated for carbon monoxide exposure after getting sick on school bus

3/23 - Mashpee, MA - One person transported to hospital after apparent carbon monoxide incident in Mashpee

3/20 - South Sioux City, NE - 2 found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning in South Sioux City

3/20 - Mashpee, MA - Three evaluated for apparent carbon monoxide exposure in Mashpee

3/19 - Green River, WY - Family of Five Recovering from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning 

3/18 - Cheyenne, WY - Gas leak at Granite causes transfer of patients to other health care facilities

3/17 - Lincoln, NE - Two men found dead at home in south Lincoln, police say

3/15 - Paulden, AZ - CAFMA Responds for Carbon Monoxide Exposures at Drake Cement Plant

3/13 - East Meadow, NY - Nassau County family lucky to be alive after carbon monoxide incident

3/12 - Rothschild, WI - 4 hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak at Rothschild movie theater

3/7 - St. Lucie County, FL - St. Lucie County firefighters respond to call and make lifesaving discovery

3/7 - Rocky Hill, CT - High carbon monoxide levels evacuate Rocky Hill building, officials say

3/6 - Madison, WI - Vehicle exhaust fills west Madison apartment with carbon monoxide

3/4 - Dayton, OH - 4 hospitalized for CO poisoning in Miami County home

3/1 - New York City, NY - Two Sickened, One Critical in Carbon Monoxide Leak

2/25 - Youngstown, OH - Dozens of wild animals, including foxes, turkeys and snakes found in Youngstown home

2/24 - San Antonio, TX - Five people taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at downtown hotel, SAFD says

2/23 - Ames, IA - Ames pediatric clinic records potentially dangerous carbon monoxide levels

2/21 - Olton, TX - Olton ISD tracks carbon monoxide leak to gas dryer, no school Thursday

2/21 - Canton, MI - Owner of Canton Township automotive business dies when car emits carbon monoxide inside building

2/16 - Winnfield, LA - Two Die in Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Emergency

2/13 - Lawrence, KS - Oread Hotel forced to evacuate after carbon monoxide alarms sound

2/12 - Dayton, OH - At least 2 hospitalized in Dayton due to possible carbon monoxide poisoning

2/8 - Wasilla, AK - Wasilla man dead after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

2/7 - Jasper, TX - Jasper County resident undergoing treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning

2/5 - Los Angeles, CA - NASCAR: Drivers suffered from Carbon Monoxide poisoning at LA Coliseum

2/5 - Edgewood, NM - What we know: 3 Moriarty High students were at sleepover in Edgewood when tragedy struck

2/3 - Austin, TX - Family involved in carbon monoxide incident was running car in garage to keep warm, ATCEMS says

2/2- Austin, TX - Carbon monoxide exposure calls increase due to use of generators

2/1 - Olton, TX - Olton ISD back open for Monday classes; carbon monoxide traced to kitchen

1/29 - Greenville, SC - 4 found dead in Greenville Co. home from carbon monoxide poisoning

1/29 - Madison, WI - Madison firefighters discover smoldering fire after responding to carbon monoxide alarm

1/26 - Dover, PA - York County individual saved from carbon monoxide poisoning

1/25 - Dayton, OH - Dayton fire crews rescue 3 victims in pit at truck repair business

1/25 - Chicago, IL - 5 hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak in Humboldt Park apartment

1/23 - South Lyon, MI - A South Lyon woman's CO detector was beeping. She turned it off. And then got very sick

1/19 - Crested Butte, CO - Serious CB carbon monoxide incident raises concern

1/18 - Ephraim, UT - 17 people recovering after carbon monoxide poisoning at central Utah clinic

1/18 - Tyler, TX - Smith County carbon monoxide leak sends sheriff’s office employees to hospital

1/17 - Southport, NY - 5 people living in condemned Southport house overcome by carbon monoxide, owner dies

1/16 - Elmwood, NE - Carbon monoxide emergency puts one in Omaha hospital

1/13 - Chicago, IL - Dozen West Side residents evacuated after carbon monoxide alarm sounds

1/13 - Orville, AL - Tenth body found after tornadoes tore through Alabama, Georgia

1/12 - Sea Ranch, CA - Officials: 2 men found dead in house after tree falls in California

1/11 - San Antonia, TX - Carbon monoxide leak sickens 15 people, prompts evacuation at Hotel Emma at the Pearl

1/10 - Lake Charles, LA - Most released from hospital after carbon monoxide leak

1/10 - Mendon, MA - Two people hospitalized after CO leak in Mendon home, no working detectors, per fire officials

1/7 - Newark, NJ - 2 Hospitalized After Exposed to High Levels of Carbon Monoxide Inside Newark South Ward Home

1/4 - Chicago, IL - Man, 61, hospitalized after hazmat situation in Uptown

1/4 - Waterbury, CT - Waterbury Firefighters Responding to Carbon Monoxide Alarm Find Man's Body

1/3 - Corsicana, TX - Navarro College staff exposed to carbon monoxide

bottom of page