top of page

Carbon Monoxide Victims

In the news:

2024

Victim Counter: 245

3/28 - Jacksonville, AL - JSU's provost shares 'near death carbon monoxide experience' in hopes of helping others

3/27 - Louisville, KY - First responders treat 4 people on Bardstown Road for carbon monoxide exposure

3/27 - Atlanta, GA - Gas leak at Dobbs Elementary School ‘resolved’, Atlanta Public Schools says

3/25 - Waterloo, IA - Worker taken to hospital in carbon monoxide incident at Waterloo Convention Center

3/22 - Madison, WI - Furnace shut down after two carbon monoxide incidents at Madison apartment complex

3/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Three Children Hospitalized In Philadelphia 

3/14 - Crandon, WI - ‘Unknown illness’ at Crandon School District traced to broken furnace

3/14 - Starkville, MS - Carbon monoxide detector saves Starkville family's lives (Video)

3/13 - Charlotte, NC - 3 people treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning in west Charlotte

3/13 - Washington D.C. - Residents Evacuated From Northwest DC Apartment Building For Carbon Monoxide Incident

2/28 - Mansfield, MA - Carbon monoxide fumes prompt evacuation of restaurant, stores at Mansfield Crossing

2/24 - Earleville, MD - Tragic Carbon Monoxide Incident in Cecil County Leaves One Dead, Another Critical

2/18 - Charlotte, NC - Two northeast Charlotte apartments being ventilated after golf cart battery leak

2/18 - Madison, WI - MFD says working alarms key to discovering carbon monoxide leak at south side apartment

2/17 - Middletown, CT - Wood Frame Carbon Monoxide Leak Raises Concerns Over Student Safety and Administrative Negligence

2/17 - Kirksville, MO - Kirksville officers recognized for life-saving work

2/16 - Carle Place, NY - Dunkin’ Donuts patron sounds carbon monoxide alarm

2/15 - Park Falls, WI - CO Alarm Saved Lives

2/15 - Philadelphia, PA - Family of 3 found dead inside Philadelphia home; CO poisoning believed to be cause

2/15 - Washington D.C. - Two taken to hospital after carbon monoxide exposure in D.C. home

2/11 - Princeton - 2 people, cat found dead inside home from carbon monoxide poisoning; 1 hospitalized

2/10 - Framingham, MA - Toddler taken to hospital after high carbon monoxide levels found in Framingham apartment building

2/10 - Bowling Green, KY - BGFD responds to carbon monoxide leak at Bowling Green Towers

2/10 - Cheektowaga, NY - Carbon monoxide issues prompt Saturday closure at Holiday Twin Rinks

2/10 - Dayton, OH - ‘Silent killer;’ Firefighters detect high levels of carbon monoxide in Dayton apartment building

2/9 - Seagoville, TX - Seagoville Police investigating after mom, son found dead in home Friday

2/8 - Durham, NC - State investigating after complaints of elevated carbon monoxide in Durham County Human Services building

2/8 - Deadwood, ND - Deadwood rec member spent days in hospital after severe carbon monoxide poisoning

2/7 - Hartford, MI - Woman dead, man hospitalized after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

2/6 - San Pedro, CA - San Pedro Apartment Building Evacuated Due to Elevated Carbon Monoxide Levels, LAFD Responds Promptly

2/5 - East Liverpool, OH - 6 hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak in apartment building

2/5 - Queens, NY - 10 hospitalized in Queens after reports of carbon monoxide poisoning

2/4 - Scottsdale, AZ - Man, woman critical after carbon monoxide poisoning at Scottsdale home

2/3 - Stillwater, MN - Health center raising awareness after owner dies of carbon monoxide poisoning

2/1 - Lansing, MI - Carbon monoxide alarm prompts evacuation at Lansing apartment complex

1/26 - Macon, GA - 2 women found dead inside Georgia home from possible carbon monoxide poisoning

1/26 - Shippensburg, PA - Carbon monoxide detected in Naugle Hall

1/25 - Pottstown, PA - Coroner: Autopsies reveal elevated levels of carbon monoxide of man, woman found dead at home in Pottstown

1/25 - Fort Worth, TX - 18 employees evacuated from Fort Worth bakery, treated for possible CO poisoning

1/24 - Spicer, MN - Two Men Treated for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Near Spicer

1/23 - Cumby, TX - Officials issue statements regarding Jan. 23 carbon monoxide leak at Cumby Collegiate ISD

1/22 - Thief River Falls, MN - Two found dead inside a car in Thief River Falls

1/22 - Gering, NE - 18-year-old woman's death prompts reminder about carbon monoxide dangers

1/22 - Madison, WI - Carbon monoxide from basement heater prompts evacuation at downtown Madison building

1/20 - Arlington, TX - Man and Dog Die Sitting in Car From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

1/20 - White Earth, MN - Borup man dies from carbon monoxide poisoning in fish house

1/20 - Spencer, IA - One Person Taken to Hospital Following Carbon Monoxide Leak at Spencer Hotel

1/19 - Chicago, IL - Three hospitalized after high carbon monoxide is detected in Chicago apartment building

1/18 - Cedar City, UT - Canyon View Middle School evacuated, 25 individuals treated for carbon monoxide exposure

1/17 - New Haven, CT - 14 hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak at Yale building under construction

1/17 - Detroit, MI - Detroit firefighters rescue family, puppy from home filled with carbon monoxide

1/17 - Greenfield, WI - Two dead from high carbon monoxide levels in Greenfield home

1/17 - West Fallowfield, PA - Medical Call Turns Into Carbon Monoxide Incident In West Fallowfield Township

1/16 - Seymour, IN - Police ID Seymour 16-year-old found dead in car; carbon monoxide poisoning suspected

1/16 - El Dorado, KS - Carbon monoxide prompts evacuation of El Dorado senior living facility

1/16 - Madison, WI - Madison Fire Dept. reminds residents to clear vents of snow after carbon monoxide alarm

1/15 - Waterloo, NY - Waterloo Dollar General store remains closed for carbon monoxide leak

1/15 - Prescott, AZ - Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Ho-Kay-Gan Subdivision – Prescott Fire Department

1/14 - Portland, OR - Five taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after running generator, cooking with propane indoors

1/14 - Hartford, CT - Tragic End for Two Indian Students in Hartford: Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

1/14 - Multnomah County, OR - 12 people end up in ERs for carbon monoxide poisoning during frigid snap in Multnomah County

1/14 - Aberdeen, WA - Aberdeen Apartment Evacuated for Carbon Monoxide Leak

1/13 - Sebastian, FL - Sebastian Police Rescue Two Elders, Dog from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

1/13 - Trucksville, PA - Man hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in Luzerne County

1/12 - Oklahoma City, OK - OKLAHOMA WOMAN SURVIVES CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING, WARNS OTHERS

1/12 - Hanover, CO - Southern Colorado students evacuated and treated for carbon monoxide

1/11 - Margate, FL - 9 hospitalized after high levels of carbon monoxide detected inside Margate home

1/10 - Mayfield Township, MI - Service technician alerts family to carbon monoxide danger

1/10 - West Haven, UT - Townhomes evacuated until carbon monoxide source found to be car idling in garage

1/9 - Chicago, IL - 9 hospitalized, including 6 children, following carbon monoxide leak on SE Side, CFD says

1/8 - Crittenden, KY - Family mourns the loss of 3 people who died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Grant County

1/8 - Nahant, MA - ‘The whole town will be very sad.’ Neighbors stunned by deaths of three people in Nahant home

1/7 - Sandy, UT - Sandy grocery store evacuated after carbon monoxide detected

1/7 - Exeter Township, PA - Carbon monoxide leak prompts evacuation at Exeter Township Burger King

1/5 - Nashville, TN - Several children treated for carbon monoxide following leak at Nashville daycare

1/5 - Tipp City, OH - High CO level sends 4, including Tipp City medics, to hospital

1/5 - Columbus, MS - Carbon monoxide poisoning believed to have caused death of woman and dogs in Columbus

1/4 - Noti, OR - Three hospitalized after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in home

1/3 - Graniteville, SC - Family saved from carbon monoxide poisoning meet the man who saved them

1/3 - Bismarck, ND - No injuries in carbon monoxide scare at Bismarck apartments; recently installed detectors credited

1/2 - Madison, WI - Carbon monoxide enters through window at east side apartment

bottom of page