News highlights of 595 tragedies in 2019


August

08/20 – Iowa City, IA – Leader of large organic food scheme commits suicide by Carbon Monoxide

08/14 – Fort Bragg, NC – One family hospitalized, 86 other families warned of possible exposure to dangerous level of CO at Fort Bragg. An investigation is underway, and contractors working on the problem.

08/08 - Sturgis, SD – 3 people dead from a motorcycle rally in Sturgis. One couple died in the trailer used to transport their cycle and one man found dead later in his motor home.

July

07/28 – Deland, FL – Two men found dead in house with two running generators 

07/24 – Baltimore, MD – Two hospitalized from CO exposure

07/24 – Reston , VA – One hospitalized due to CO leak during building construction

07/23 – Bourne, MA – Two hospitalized from car left running in garage

07/19 – Blaine, MN – Family of 8 suffered CO poisoning from a faulty water heater

07/18 – Columbus, OH – 2 people hospitalized from CO leak in apartment building

07/16 – NY, NY - 24 hospitalized, 56 more effected at Midtown Church due to a faulty appliance

07/14 – McPherson, KN – 10 hospitalized from CO leak in vehicle

07/13 – Butte, MT – 23 hospitalized after a boiler leak in a Quality Inn

07/12 - San Fransico, CA – Two plumbers hospitalized after leak in construction space in SF airport. Company Fined by OSHA.

07/12 – Kingsport, TN – Apartment complex evacuated and seven people hospitalized after a contractor used a gas generator in the basement

07/10 – Lexingotn, KY – Woman found dead in home with dangerous levels of CO

07/08 – Bethlehem, NY – Man found dead with car left running in garage

07/07 – Syracuse, NY – Woman and 3 children found dead in her car from an apparent murder/suicide by CO

07/05 - San Joaquin – Father and daughter found dead on family boat

49114105_10213978926250616_1687262753883947008_o-1.jpg
man-dead-wife-amp-children-hospitalized-in-n-j-carbon-monoxide-incident__233100_.jpg
sub-buzz-3471-1556995427-1.jpg


April

04/19 – Yonkers, NY – 11 hospitalized due to faulty heating equipment

04/17 – Waldport, OR – 14 students hospitalized from boiler leak at school

04/16 – Heartford, SD – 1 man dead after using a generator in doors

04/16 – Chichago, IL – 5 hospitalized from CO poisoning

04/15 - Baker, LA – Mother and Daughter dead from COP after apartment fire

04/14 – Bakersfield, CA - 1 man dead 7 other hospitalized

04/07 – Norfolk, VA – 1 hospitalized, others exposed

04/06 – Goodfield, IL - 5 dead from CO exposiure resulting from a fire

04/01 - Dillsboro, IN – 2 aparetmnet residents hospitalized, others exposed 

 

March

03/30 - Sunnyside, NY – 10 people hospitalized in CO leak in multifamily home

03/29 - El Paso County, CO – Two people, 3 dogs dead, possible source is a propane heater inside, used for heat during a blizzard

03/12 - Lincoln, NB – family of 4 evacuated due to leaking furnace

03/07 – Milwaukee, WI – family of 4 hospitalized

03/06 – Dillion County, SC – a 8 yo man found dead in residence

03/05 – Sterling, MA – 1 man hospitalized from tractor running in garage

03/05 – Wellington, KS – man dead after running generator in his home, his pets death is also likely

03/05 - Airmont, NY – 2 teens, 1 woman hospitalized

03/05 – Volusa County, FL – 1 man, 1 woman hospitalized. Saved by cat who alerted them to car running in garage overnight

03/04 – Omaha, NB – 2 dead from car left running in garage

03/04 – Tonganoxie, KN – 86 nursing home residence evacuated after CO alarm sounded. Some we hospitalized, others may have had lower levels of exposure

03/03 – Tacoma, WA – Young man dead from exhaust leak in car

03/01 – Reno, NV – 2 men dead of CO poisoning

February

02/26 – Phoenix, AZ – 2 hospitalized from CO leak in car, saved by passer by who found them unresponsive

02/25 – Alberta, VA – 2 men dead after their atv became stuck and the exhaust was obstructed, filling their cabin with CO

ZHBEBZL2MJDPRGDL4TO4CYQG5A.jpg

02/25 – Las Cruces, NM – 6 pecan plant workers hospitalized after using gas powered pressure washers indoors

02/24- Crown Heights, NY – 11 people hospitalized

02/22 – Spartanburg, SC – 1 student hospitalized, 3+ others exposed in CO leak in dormitories

02/22 – Srpingfield, MO – 2 found dead in car dues to CO leak

02/21 – Tinley Park, IL – 82 students and staff treated for CO poisoning due to water heater leak in preschool

02/21 – Melville, NY – man dead, wife hospitalized due to broken water heater

02/19 – Delhi, OH – family (3+) hospitalized from leaking furnace discovered during routine maintenance

02/17- Gardner, KS - 2 Hospitalized from car running in garage

02/15 – Salem County, NJ - 1 child died in motel CO leak, family of 6 hospitalized, 1 affected man refused treatment

02/15 - Hanover, PA – man and dog dead with car left running in garage

02/14 - Lincoln, NB – 5 hospitalized after using charcoal heater to heat home

02/14 – Clevland, OH – 2 hospitalized after running generator inside

02/14 – Mt Shasta, CA – 2 adults found dead after using a bbq as a heater

02/13 – Detroit, MI – 1 boy dead, 2 hospitalized COP from house fire

02/13 – Portrero, CA – 1 woamn dead, husband and child hospitalized after using a charcoal grill indoors for heat

02/11 – Valley, AL – family of 8 hospitalized from leaking furnace

02/08 – Fleetwood, PA – 12 students hospitalized, middle school evacuated

02/07 – Valley, AL – family of 8 hospitalized due to leaking furnace

02/06 – Brockton, MA – Family of 4 hospitalized due to faulty heater exhaust

02/05 – Moberly, MO – 1 aviation mechanic dead and 2 hospitalized after heater leak in hanger

02/05 – Clevland, OH – 1 man and 1 woman hospitalized, a third refused treatment. The source was a generator running indoors.

02/05 – Manhattan, NY – 9 people hospitalized at NYC construction site after running a generator indoors

02/03 – Dallas, TX – 2 men, 2 children dead from running generator inside

02/02 – Lafayette, IN – 1 man dead, car in garage

02/01 – Detroit, MI – 5 hospitalized

02/01 – Wayne, MI – 2 dead and 27+ evacuated after a major CO leak in an apartment complex

190502-fleming-family-photo-3-ew-1244p_29714c4f7870ed7522a91ee1faaa3076.fit-360w.jpg
AR-190129575.jpg